Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving thanks

I suppose one of the blessings I am most thankful for this year is my new sister Cindy. I'm thankful that she had this crazy idea, and I'm thankful that we've had the opportunity to work together and get to know each other. I'm also thankful for all the women I've gotten to know this year through CRHP. Each and every one is amazing and beautiful and a true gift from God--yet no two are alike.

I've never been the person who made a list of all my blessings each Thanksgiving, though that might be a fine idea. This year I am perhaps both the neediest and the most blessed I've ever been. What a strange set of circumstances! So, this year I am thankful for the simple things: a purring cat, a two-year-old's sticky kiss, fresh sheets, a cold Pepsi, a warm car and the knowledge that whatever happens--God has a plan for me.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, This was beautiful!! It reminded me of the anticipation our family has before our Michigan trip each summer. No internet (yet) and I love that. We, too, play games and have long discussions on the beach (usually with a Bud Light in hand if it is after 4 pm). I should be so "attentive" to God's coming too. You have given me "food for thought". God Bless! Hope you see this, I do not know what I am doing . What is a BLOG anyway??? Seriously!! Ellen

    ReplyDelete